Engagement shoots in Sussex
I love photographing engagement shoots. First of all, they are such a great way for the photographer to get to know the bride and groom. Furthermore engagements shoots build a nice a bond for the wedding day and engagement photos can also be used for save-the-date cards, for wedding invitations or simply as presents.
Here are some of my recent shots and my top tips for the engagement photo shoot session:
- Pick a special place. If picturesque it is a bonus 🙂
- Choose a look for the location. It is fun to coordinate outfits. You can be both smart, casual, boho, outdoorsy etc
- The main thing is to wear something you feel confident in. You will look fabulous anyway!
- Discuss clothes colours with your photographer. I normally recommend colours that go well together and compliment your location. Most of the time you can’t go wrong with pastel.
- Consider professional hair and makeup (fix hair – the UK is often windy)
- Bring a prop that symbolises the two of you. If unsure talk to your photographer
- Iron your outfits
- Leave your pockets empty. Leave, phones, keys, wallets behind
- Most importantly have fun 🙂
- Last but not least hire a professional photographer 🙂
Engagement photography by Ebourne Images
Do you like what you see and also looking for a photographer to capture your engagement and wedding? Get in touch with Maria at Ebourne Images. I would love to take your pictures too! Last but not least, with a first class Fine Art university degree and an Associate qualification from the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP), you can be assured your portrait and wedding photography is in safe hands. The qualification means I am among the elite 5-10 per cent of photographers in the country :-).
While you are here, check out Amy and Tim’s Selden Barns wedding.
Tags: Engagement Shoot